Position available

Hajo Esser esserh at TCD.IE
Tue Oct 29 18:46:11 CST 1996

I have been asked to distribute this announcement via the Taxacom list.

University of Dublin, Trinity College, Ireland

is seeking

A Lecturer in Botany.

Applications are invited for the above post, which will be tenable for a
fixed-term of five years, commencing as soon as possible.
The appointee must be able to contribute to the teaching and research in the
Botany Department and preference will be given to candidates with a proven
track record in the area of molecular systematics or molecular ecology.

Salary scale: Lecturer II: Irish Pound 14,456 - 22,929 per annum.
              Lecturer I:  Irish Pound 29,175 - 35,708 per annum.
Appointment will be made on the Lecturer II scale within the salary range
Irish Pound 14,456 - 20,397 per annum, at a point to accord with qualifications
and experience to date.

Application forms and further particulars relating to this post may be obtained
from:

Establishment Officer
Staff Office
Trinity College
Dublin 2
Ireland
Tel.: +353-1-6081678
Fax: +353-1-6772169
E-mail: recruit at tcd.ie

Informal enquiries can be made to Professor M.B.Jones by
Tel.: +353-1-6081769
E-mail: jonesm at tcd.ie

The Botany Department home page on WWW can be accessed on the
following URL: http://www2.tcd.ie:80/Botany/home.html

The closing date for receipt of completed applications will be the
30th November, 1996

Trinity College is an equal opportunities employer.

Dr. Hans-Joachim Esser
Dept. of Botany, Herbarium
Trinity College
Dublin 2