revolution

Alexey V. Kuprijanov q at SN.PU.RU
Fri Oct 4 00:48:30 CDT 1996

Wolfgang Wuster <w.wuster at bangor.ac.uk> wrote in reply to
"Alexey V. Kuprijanov" <q at SN.PU.RU> wrote:

>On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Alexey V. Kuprijanov wrote:

> Linnaeus said: 'Remember: not the character constitutes
genus
[snip]

>Translation:

>(i) Decide the result you want
>(ii) Find evidence that supports your result
>(iii) Ignore evidence which contradicts your results

I just would like to comment the item 3. Not to ignore
evidence which contradicts your results, but show that the
method which is popular among recent biologists can justify
your opinion. It is an element of scientific policy, I guess.

Sincerely yours, Alexey

| Alexey V. Kuprijanov            (Lepidoptera: Incurvarioidea) |
| St. Petersburg Society of Naturalists                         |
| Univrsitetskaya emb. 7/9                                      |
| St. Petersburg 199034                                         |
| R U S S I A                                                   |