my cv

Sat Oct 5 16:24:51 CDT 1996

As you have become aware if you have been reading Taxacom
lately, I am in search of new employment. I felt I should be
more detailed in stating my qualifications than in my previous
postings.

Here is a brief summary:

PhD 1991, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology,
University of Arizona

Acting Herbarium Director, Washington State University

Postdoctoral Research Associate, Harvard University

Archivist/Curator, Natural History Collection, Biosphere 2

Curator, Herbarium Collection, a certain game preserve I
recently promised I would not name over Taxacom

Fieldwork: Washington State, Arizona, California, USA; Putomayo
Province, Colombia; Sierra Madre Occidental, Chihuahua, Mexico

Publications: numerous, including in such journals as Taxon, Annals of the Missouri Botanical Garden, Madro~no, Phytologia, Mycotaxon, Economic
Botany, Journal of Ethnobiology, Vegetatio, Plant Foods for
Human Nutrition, etc.

Languages: Fluent in Spanish, Esperanto, English; Fluent at one time
in the past in French, German, Indonesian.

Dissertation title: Optimal use of ethnobotanical resources
by the Mountain Pima of Chihuahua, Mexico

New species described in the genera Pectis, Berberis, Hymenocallis,
Polyporus, Albatrellus, Laennecia, Yucca, plus one in preparation in
Rubus

Commercial software: Nutricomp, a program for storing and
analyzing the nutritional composition of wild edible plants,
being sold by Native Seeds/SEARCH of Tucson.  While at Harvard
I assisted Jim Beach (now one of the head honchos of Taxacom) in
testing the plant version of MUSE database program for
natural history collections.

I am currently residing in Arizona but am willing to relocate,
even outside the US.

Please be so kind as to pass this on to anyone you wish.

Thank you ever so kindly,

Joseph E. Laferriere
4717 E. First St.
Tucson AZ 85711-1270 USA
520-326-4868
JosephL at aztec.asu.edu

--
"There are two secrets to success. The first is not telling
everything you know."

Dr. Joseph E. Laferriere