What are we going to do about this?

Robin Leech robinl at NAIT.AB.CA
Thu Oct 24 10:28:43 CDT 1996

The only thing I can see wrong with announcing loudly and clearly that
there is particularly rich fauna or flora somewhere is that this, too,
may give many people the wrong impression.  If it is rich, then obviously
it can afford to give up, or lose something, without going down the tube.

I will cite as examples how people want to visit Yosemite, Banff and
Jasper national parks because there is so much to see and enjoy in these
places, and now that so many have, and now that so much damage has
occurred, we must either shut down parts of these parks to humans and
vehicles, or limit the number of people who visit and the number of vehicles
they come in.  In Canada, we have done both in some parks.

Robin Leech