Evolution

James H. Beach jbeach at NSF.GOV
Thu Oct 31 18:03:30 CST 1996

Dear Taxacom Community:

Without admitting to be pro- or anti-, let us agree to stop the
evoluton/religion debate right now.  I started it with the article
about the Pope acknowledging evolution - mea maxima culpa.

Ok? Thanks.

Jim
Cloud of Taxacom Editors

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Michal Brzeski wrote:

> Andrey Sharkov wrote:
> >
> > We, scientists, all agree with Darwin that man was not created by the God
> > but evolved from monkey. I propose that after last weeks' acknowledgement by
> > the Pope of the existence of evolution, the Genesis paragraphs 26 and 27 are
> > read as follows:
> > 26. Then  God said "Let us make monkey in our image, after our likeness..."
> > 27. So God created monkey in his own image, in the image of God he created it.
> >
> > -Andrey

> > Andrey Sharkov
> > Associate Curator                     Phone: (614) 292-2730
> > Department of Entomology        FAX: (614) 292-7774
> > Museum of Biodiversity             INTERNET:  Sharkov.1 at osu.edu
> > The Ohio State University                                          or
> > 1315 Kinnear Rd.                    asharkov at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
> > Columbus, OH 43212
>
> Do you really not understand that you may hurt some people or you do it
> for purpose? There is no controversy between Bible and evolution because
> creation of man is understood as giving a soul to already existing
> organism. Just the Bible is not a textbook of natural history.
>
> Regards to all that believe the same way I do,
>
> Michal W. Brzeski
> Research Institute of Vegetable Crops
> 96-100 Skierniewice
> Poland
> e-mail mbrzeski at linux.inwarz.skierniewice.pl

Dr. James H. Beach                                 Tel:   703 306-1470
Program Director                                   Fax:   703 306-0356
Database Activities, Room 615            E-mail: jbeach at nsf dot gov
Division of Biological Infrastructure
National Science Foundation                           E-mail preferred
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22230