mite responses

richard a fagerlund fagerlun at UNM.EDU
Fri Apr 18 07:00:15 CDT 1997

I want to thank everyone who responded to my mite inquiry.  I believe
after looking at the specimen and checking the various responses I got
that the mite is an opilioacarid.  I wish I could clone the thing as at
least four acarologists want it.  I have many more pitfall traps to
examine from the same area (hundreds actually).  I will see that everyone
that has expressed an interest in it will get some if any more turn up
and I have no reason to believe they won't.

Thanks again.

Richard Fagerlund                    Mail: 993 Orchid SW
University of New Mexico                   Rio Rancho, NM 87124
E-mail: fagerlun at unm.edu            Phone: (505) 896-2524