Dandy Dime

Itzchak Gilboa gilboa at PIPELINE.COM
Tue Apr 1 16:41:47 CST 1997

Relax Professor Lowrey.
In a recent article (Tickling the dull out of taxomy. Natur. Australia
Summer 1966-67) Michael Archer from U. New South Wales pointed out that
"very little is lost in lightening up the professional as well as the public
face of science. If we filter out the fun out of science to preserve its
dignity, we may even endanger its appeal to the scientist of tomorrow. Like
sugar-coating medicine, science served with humour can make sometimes dreary
topic moreappealing and its key messages more interresting to learn".
And there is always the Del key.