Volunteer position available

Brian E Smith Brian_E_Smith at NBS.GOV
Wed Apr 2 15:33:20 CST 1997

     I am currently seeking to fill a volunteer position.  The person
     filling the position will work as a member of a herpetological survey
     crew working in Buffalo Gap National Grasslands, conducting calling
     surveys, visual surveys, road cruises, and other surveys throughout
     the grasslands.

     Buffalo Gap National Grasslands are located in scenic southwestern
     South Dakota, and they abut the eastern and southern edges of the
     Black Hills, and the western and northern edges of Badlands National
     Park.  The volunteer will be housed in Hot Springs, South Dakota, in
     the southern Black Hills.

     The position pays $13.00/day, 5 days a week, and housing will be
     provided.  Dates of duty are negotiable, but run from approximately
     mid-May to mid-August.

     This would be an excellent opportunity to obtain some experience in
     herpetological research and survey techniques for students interested
     in research careers.

     Anyone interested in this position should contact me by telephone or
     e-mail.  I need to fill this position as soon as possible, and I urge
     you to contact me immediately, if you are interested.

     Apologies for cross-posts.

     Brian E. Smith
     USGS/BRD
     Northern Prairie Science Center