electronic publication

Geoff Read g.read at NIWA.CRI.NZ
Fri Apr 11 13:34:57 CDT 1997

> Also, Recommendation 8A clearly states, that "authors are strongly urged to
> ensure that a new scientific name or nomenclatural act is first published in
> a work produced by conventional printing..."

Intro from URL: http://www.publish.csiro.au/journals/electronic.html

        "Australian Journals of Scientific Research Go Electronic!

        View papers weeks before the print publication!

        The Australian Journals of Scientific Research are to go
        electronic on the World Wide Web. Access to the electronic edition
        of each journal will be FREE during 1997. However, after this
        time, access will be restricted to our subscribers only.
       Individual papers within each issue are available as Portable
        Document Format (PDF) files, which appear in exactly the same
        format as the print version."

A progressive move by a publisher. However, isn't that  a scenario
prone to a technical breach of ICZN 8A? Or am I taking 'first
published' too literally.  Will it matter? The journals include
'Invertebrate Taxonomy' (and 'Australian Systematic Botany').

--
  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.cri.nz>