Retzius' amber collection

Paul Dessart dessart at D5100.KBINIRSNB.BE
Tue Apr 22 14:52:02 CDT 1997

Le 22 avril 1997

HELP !

Dear Taxacomers,

Could any (? German) colleague help me in my query of the amber
("bernstein") collection of Andreas Johann RETZIUS (1742-1821) which
was told to have been deposited (after his death) in the Chemisch Institut
in Greifswald, (ex-East) Germany? I would be interested in examining
a sample containing "Termes und Ceraphron". The preceding data were
found in a very rare review: Isis von Oken, 1831, column "2000" (recte
"1100", following "1099"). I have not even the address of the mentioned
insitute, nor know whether it is still in existence.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul Dessart,
Chef honoraire de la Section Insectes et Arachnomorphes
a l'Institut royal des Sciences naturelles de Belgique.