Hummingbirds and Rhodendron flowers
Andrew.Rozefelds at SHELOB.ECC.TASED.EDU.AU
Tue Dec 30 09:55:18 CST 1997
Are there any records of Hummingbirds being poisoned after ingestion of
nectar from Rhodendron flowers?
Rhodendrons are known to be poisonous. The nectar contains grayanotoxins
and honey produced from Rhodendron flowers is known to be poisonous to
Would welcome any comments/suggestions back.
Andrew Rozefelds PhD
PO Box 252-04
HOBART Tas 7001
Ph: (03)-6226 2635 International Ph: +61-3-6226 2635
Fax: (03)-6226 7865 International Fax: +61-3-6226 7865
More information about the Taxacom