Hummingbirds and Rhodendron flowers

Andrew Rozefelds Andrew.Rozefelds at SHELOB.ECC.TASED.EDU.AU
Tue Dec 30 09:55:18 CST 1997

Are there any records of Hummingbirds being poisoned after ingestion of
nectar from Rhodendron flowers?

Rhodendrons are known to be poisonous. The nectar contains grayanotoxins
and  honey produced from Rhodendron flowers is known to be poisonous to

Would welcome any comments/suggestions back.

Andrew Rozefelds

Andrew Rozefelds PhD
Tasmanian Herbarium
PO Box 252-04
HOBART Tas 7001

Ph: (03)-6226 2635 International Ph: +61-3-6226 2635

Fax: (03)-6226 7865 International Fax: +61-3-6226 7865

More information about the Taxacom mailing list