Result re Online glossaries of taxonomic jargon

Geoff Read g.read at NIWA.CRI.NZ
Tue Feb 4 13:56:49 CST 1997

> I am looking for any taxonomy-related glossaries/dictionaries/thesauri
> accessible via web, more especially for anything covering the shorthand
> jargon of latin origin used in descriptions (e.g., of shapes, textures ...

None reported to me had the sort of general coverage I had in mind.

Other glossaries are:

Bryological at:
http://cissus.mobot.org/MoBot/TROPICOS/Most/Glossary/glossfr.html
Vascular plants at:
http://155.187.10.12/glossary/glossary.html
Roots of botanical names at:
http://www.prairienet.org/ag/garden/botrtsa.htm
botanical in Dutch at:
http://www2.bio.uva.nl/bio9697i/extra/glossary/botgloss/pilotfrb.htm
Natural history glossaries:
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/glossary/glossary.html
http://www2.bio.uva.nl/bio9697i/extra/glossary/glossfr.htm
polychaetes:
http://www.keil.ukans.edu/~worms/glos-int.html

None of the above was computer searchable, or mind-blowingly
comprehensive. I hope there are others unreported out there and
certainly expected more.

Instead of hitting the web  I can only echo the advice I was given that
browsing in  "Composition of scientific words" ( R W. Brown, 1954, 1978,
882p) would be more rewarding.

Thank you those few who took an interest.

--
  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.cri.nz>