lectotypifications

Sun Feb 23 07:21:23 CST 1997

Concerning the statement made on Taxacom yesterday that
"Lectotypifications are routinely entered in the Tropicos
database at MO," I decided to test this by looking up
some neo- and lectotypification I have published
myself, to see whether they were included. No. Hence
the statement needs to be ammended to read "Some
lectotypifications ..."

I have published lecto- or neo-typifications on various taxa
in the following genera:

OLD WORLD
Eustrephus (Austrobaileya)
Geitonoplesium (ditto)
Luzuriaga (ditto)
Spiranthera (ditto)
Aeginetia (Phytologia)

NEW WORLD
Berberis/Mahonia (Phytologia)
Chrysodendron (ditto)
Agave (Haseltonia)

Not one of these could in find in Tropicos. I hope someone
will please clarify yesterday's statement.

--
Dr. Joseph E. Laferriere, 4717 E First St., Tucson AZ 85711 USA
520-326-4868
JosephL at aztec.asu.edu