need word help

William A. Hayes bhayes at DSU.DELTAST.EDU
Wed Feb 26 18:49:17 CST 1997

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Liz Day wrote:

> that isn't what I mean.  I mean, "Species that used to be found in this
> area, and conceivably might still be here, but probably aren't"  and

historically distributed, currently unreported species

> "species that there are recent records of from very nearby, but none
> from here, as far as we know".

peripheral species

Best wishes,
Bill

William A. Hayes, II, Ph.D.   |   If you follow your bliss, you put yourself
Professor of Biology          |  on a kind of a track that has been there
P.O.Box 3234                  |  the whole while, waiting for you, and the
Delta State University        |  life you ought to be living is the one you
Cleveland, MS 38733           |  are living.  --- Joseph Campbell
ph: 601-846-4247          \ _____                    ____
fax: 601-846-4016             |   \_____      _____/      \
email: bhayes at dsu.deltast.edu |    __    \^^/     __       |