names in titles

Robin Panza panzar at CLPGH.ORG
Fri Feb 28 10:29:57 CST 1997

>I was told by one reviewer that the name of a new taxa should never
>appear in the title of the paper or even the abstract or introduction.

That's my understanding/training, too.  Any publication of the name prior to
the description becomes "registered" as a _nomen nudum_ on page 1 of the
article and then "registered" as a real name on the page containing the
description.  Any listing of synonymies is then supposed to include both
citations, one as a _nomen nudum_ and a second time when it becomes "real".

Robin Panza                     panzar at clpgh.org
Section of Birds, Carnegie MNH
Pittsburgh  PA  15213  USA