permits for insect collecting

Robin Panza panzar at CLPGH.ORG
Fri Feb 28 17:51:45 CST 1997

>Gary, based on the presentation we just had at the permits workshop here,
>my guess would be that you have to have permits for collecting
>anything in Ecuador. Let me know off-line if you would like the contact

The way I understood the presentation, you also need to deposit all material in
an Ecuadoran museum.  You may then borrow some of the duplicates for your
research, but they are supposed to be returned.  Types or unique specimens
cannot, apparently, leave the country (I assume that's for fear they won't
return).

Robin Panza                     panzar at clpgh.org
Section of Birds, Carnegie MNH
Pittsburgh  PA  15213  USA