DNA Extraction Protocols for Campanulaceae

Mike Crisp Mike.Crisp at ANU.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 20 09:40:56 CST 1997

Yesterday Bill Eddie asked for a DNA extraction protocol that can remove
large amounts of polysaccharide.  We had all the trouble in the world with
very mucoid extracts from Australian legumes until we settled on a simple
and quick method using diatomite (in conjunction with CTAB).  This method
is published as follows:
  Gilmore, S., Weston, P. H., and Thomson, J. A. (1993). A simple, rapid,
inexpensive and widely applicable technique for purifying plant DNA.
Australian Systematic Botany 6, 139-148.

Mike Crisp

Dr. Michael D. Crisp
Senior Lecturer in Plant Systematics
Division of Botany & Zoology
Australian National University       Phone int+ 61 6 249 2882
Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia         Fax int+ 61 6 249 5573

  WWW http://online.anu.edu.au/BoZo/profiles.html