The Plant-Book

Karen Wilson Karen_Wilson at RBGSYD.GOV.AU
Fri Feb 21 12:26:06 CST 1997

As indicated by Jim Manhart, the Plant Book has been reprinted various times.
David Mabberley is visiting the RBG Sydney right now, and has asked me to point
out:

(a) that the 1989 'reprint' contained significant changes, including an extra
page giving 3 new combinations. Unfortunately, CUP refused to give the book a
new ISBN number, hence the confusion. This 'reprint' should be cited as given in
IK under the 3 new combinations (sorry, I haven't gone to the library to check
the details of that).

(b) that a new edition (officially the 2nd edition) is in press right now and
will be out in 1997. This is 25% bigger than the first edition.

Karen Wilson

          Karen L. Wilson
          Royal Botanic Gardens               E-mail: karen at rbgsyd.gov.au
          Mrs Macquaries Road                 Fax: 61-2-*9251.7231
          SYDNEY   NSW 2000, AUSTRALIA        Phone: 61-2-*9231.8137

          * From late July 1996, the '9' has been added in front of the
          existing numbers to make them all eight digits long (all Sydney phone
          numbers beginning with '2' to  '8' changed then (those beginning
          with '9' changed last year - in fact, all Australian numbers are
          gradually being altered over the next few years so that we will only
          have 4 area codes in the country))