campus type localities

Stuart Fullerton stuartf at PEGASUS.CC.UCF.EDU
Thu Feb 27 14:53:12 CST 1997

Fellow netters.

Sorry to cross post, but wish to reach as many as possible.

Now that the University of Central Florida (near Orlando) with 1100 acres
is the type locality of two new species of insect ( hymenoptera-
_Bakeriella mira Evans_ and _Dryinus fullertoni Olmi_ ) I have been asked
by more than one person the following question:

How many other college-university campuses can claim their core/main
campus (not outter researh tracts or preserve areas) as the type locality
for one or more species of insects? Which schools, where, and what
species?

Please send any and all answers direct to me, so as not to tie up net
space for others.

Thank you in advance.

cheers!!! rof

Stuart M Fullerton ROF, Research Associate in charge of Arthropod
Collections (UCFC), Biology Dept. University of Central Florida, Orlando,
Florida, 32816, USA. stuartf at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu