improved Web access to botanical databases

Konstantin Savov kps at FLORIN.MSK.SU
Wed Feb 5 23:37:17 CST 1997

                        DataX/FLORIN ANNOUNCES
              IMPROVED WEB ACCESS TO BOTANICAL DATABASES

Web access to the databases published on our site has been adjusted
with a new revision of FLORIN Taxonomy Web Application.  The latter is
customizable for needs of a particular database now.

The following databases are currently available on
http://www.florin.ru/florin/db/:
        - Catalogue of Authentic Specimens of Moscow State University
          Herbarium (MW);
        - Mosses of the former USSR, by Dr. Michael Ignatov;
        - A Taxonomic Revision of Pseudodracontium (Araceae - Aroideae -
          Thomsonieae), by Dr.  Michael Serebryanyi;
        - Lotus database, by Dr. Tatyana Kramina.

Now, you may
        - search for data using customized query forms,
        - get lists of taxa and browse through them without filling in
          a query form,
        - get reports (synopsis, taxonomic tree) generated from a
          database by clicking one button.

Any feedback is appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Konstantin Savov,
FLORIN Project Leader

|       Konstantin Savov       |    DataX/FLORIN, Inc.    Moscow, Russia    |
|                              |      Advanced Data Management Systems      |
|     E-mail:  kps at florin.ru   |  Voice: (095)158-9520  Fax: (095)158-5700  |