Other acknowledgments

Curtis Clark jcclark at CSUPOMONA.EDU
Fri Feb 7 15:41:25 CST 1997

At 01:03 PM 02/07/97 -0600, Thomas G. Lammers wrote:
>Boy, are they ever.  For a wonderful example of acknowledgments (not to
>mention titles) gone berserk, check out the following:
>
>Moran, R. 1962.  Cneoridium dumosum (Nuttall) Hooker f. collected March 26,
>1960, at an elevation of about 1450 meters on Cerro Quemazon, 15 miles south
>of Bahia de Los Angeles, Baja California, Mexico, apparently for a
>southeastward range extension of some 140 miles.  Madrono 16: 272.

The text of the paper (in its entirety) was "I got it there then." IMHO
this was a brilliant parody, and I'm glad the editor didn't mess with it.

Curtis Clark                       http://www.is.csupomona.edu/~jcclark/
Biological Sciences Department                     Voice: (909) 869-4062
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona    FAX:   (909) 869-4078
Pomona CA 91768-4032  USA                          jcclark at csupomona.edu