Slavic fonts on Macintosh

Mon Feb 17 15:05:33 CST 1997

At 12:24 PM 02-17-97 +0000, James Cokendolpher wrote:

>>I am preparing a bibliography that will be laser-printed and distributed to a
>>few researchers.  Not enough copies will be needed to justify a real
>>publication.  Even so, I would like it to look good.  Most of the text will
>>be in Times font, but that font is missing all the accents and other letters
>>from eastern European languages (especially Polish and Czech).  Is anyone
>>aware of a Slavic font built on the Times font style for Macintosh?

I guess it is probably pointless to mention the extreme ease with which this
can be done using WordPerfect 5.1?  E.g., the c with inverted caret is
simply <ctrl 2> <1> <,> <99>.  Virtually any umlaut, grave, accute, tilde,
caret, or macron in the Roman alphabet is possible, and even Greek, Hebrew,
Cyrillic, Hiragana and Katakana.  As well as a whole bunch of totally COOL
symbols.  If you do this sort of thing often enough, it might be worth the
switch.

Thomas G. Lammers
Department of Botany                     Classification, Nomenclature,
Field Museum of Natural History          Phylogeny and Biogeography
Roosevelt Road at Lake Shore Drive       of the Campanulaceae
Chicago, Illinois 60605-2496 USA

e-mail:     lammers at fmppr.fmnh.org
voice mail: 312-922-9410 ext. 317
fax:        312-427-2530

"... what could possibly be easier or more beautiful than 'Campanula'?  What
affectation more gratuitous and silly than 'bell-flower'?"  -- R. Farrer