Nematomorphs & Lepidoptera

Barry M. OConnor bmoc at UMICH.EDU
Tue Jun 10 08:14:43 CDT 1997

At 10:02 AM 6/10/97, Andrew Whittington wrote:
>Dear Chris
>
>Keith Bland, with whom I work, has had nematomorphs from Geometridae
>larvae and has a small stock pile put aside.

Are you folks sure you're not dealing with Mermithid nematodes?  They have
a life cycle similar to nematomorphs with parasitic juveniles and
free-living, non-feeding adults which emerge from the host.  They
parasitize a wide variety of insects.

Barry M. OConnor                phone: (313) 763-4354
Museum of Zoology               FAX: (313) 763-4080
University of Michigan          e-mail: bmoc at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1079  USA