FW: REFERENCES ON FOSSILS

Anton Doroszenko (TL, Fld Crp) A.DOROSZENKO at CABI.ORG
Thu Jun 19 11:12:00 CDT 1997

Hello All,

An excellent place to start looking for all things to do with woody plants
is TREECD produced by CAB International. TREECD is a comprehensive source of
forestry information covering all aspects of forestry, agroforestry, the
forest industry and its products. This is the most complete guide to
international forestry literature available. It is published in co-operation
with the UK Overseas Development Administration and the Oxford Forestry
Institute. The CDs cover the literature from 1939 to date (over 460,000
records), with quarterly updates.

Here are some references from TREECD on fossil Aesculus.

TI:  Species selection for wooden artifacts by prehistoric men.
AU:  Noshiro-S; Suzuki-M
SO:  Second Pacific Regional Wood Anatomy Conference, October 15-21, 1989,
College, Laguna, Philippines [convened by Tesoro, F.O.]. Abstracts of papers
and posters. IAWA-Bulletin. 1989, 10: 3, 342.

TI:  Accessibility and density of cell walls of unearthed buried woods.
AU:  Taniguchi-T; Okamura-K; Harada-H; Nakato-K
SO:  Mokuzai-Gakkaishi (Journal-of-the-Japan-Wood-Research-Society). 1986,
32: 9, 738-743; En captions; 12 ref.

TI:  Cell wall structure of buried wood of tochinoki (Aesculus turbinata
Bl.).
AU:  Fujii-T; Tamai-A; Hiroi-T
SO:  Mokuzai-Gakkaishi (Journal-of-the-Japan-Wood-Research-Society). 1988,
34: 3, 261-265; BLDSC; 13 ref.

TI:  Some fossil leaflets of Aesculus indica Colebr. from the Karewa beds at
Laredura and Ningal Nullah, Pir Panjal, Kashmir.
AU:  Puri-GS
SO:  1945, J. Indian Bot. Soc. 1945 24, (149-51 + plate). [Univ. of
Lucknow.].

For more information see our Web site.

Hope this helps

Anton Doroszenko