Nomenclature: botanical tradition?

Laurie Adams l.adams at PICAN.PI.CSIRO.AU
Sat Mar 1 22:26:23 CST 1997

Dear Taxacomers,

Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to comment on my plea for help.

However, I'm not sure if anyone really got to the root of the problem.
Okay, so some specific gender anomalies have been addressed in the ICBN,
but are these the only ones causing problems? After 30 years experience in
plant taxonomy I have an uneasy feeling that these are just the tip of the
iceberg! Does anyone agree, or am I just expecting to see everywhere
nomenclatural bogeymen behind trees?

Laurie Adams,
Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research,
Australian National Herbarium,