palynological database online

Konstantin Savov kps at FLORIN.MSK.SU
Fri Mar 7 22:16:16 CST 1997

Dear Taxacomers,

A new database has been published on DataX/FLORIN Web site:

        Palynology of the genus Centaurea
        http://www.florin.ru/florin/db/
        Database authors:
                Dr. Elena E. Severova, Svetlana V. Polevova,
                Irina Ju. Bovina (Moscow State University)

The first version of the database comprises 17 species of the genus
with detailed pollen descriptions, 77 photos, as well as drawings of
pollen types and identification key.

Other databases currently available on our site:

        * Chez Marco's Plant Pictures, by Marco Bleeker
                (image gallery recently added!)

        * Catalogue of Authentic Specimens of Moscow State University
          Herbarium (MW)
        * Mosses of the former USSR, by Dr. Michael Ignatov
        * A Taxonomic Revision of Pseudodracontium (Araceae - Aroideae -
          Thomsonieae), by Dr.  Michael Serebryanyi
        * Lotus database, by Dr. Tatyana Kramina

Yours faithfully,

Konstantin Savov,
FLORIN Project Leader

|       Konstantin Savov       |    DataX/FLORIN, Inc.    Moscow, Russia    |
|                              |      Advanced Data Management Systems      |
|     E-mail:  kps at florin.ru   |  Voice: (095)158-9520  Fax: (095)158-5700  |
               FLORIN Home Page: "http://www.florin.ru/florin/"