Electronic comments

Rod Seppelt rod_sep at ANTDIV.GOV.AU
Thu Mar 20 10:41:40 CST 1997

In addition to Michael Brzeski's comments to those of Robin Panza.
Unfortunately, electronic systems keep getting updated, rendering their
precedents outdated after a time (all too short, I have found).
Further, in addition to obtaining access the WWW and email and the expense
involved, we are also faced with the seemingly endless introduction of new
journals - all of which, if a library will consider purchase - costs a lot
of money.
There is no simple all encompassing solution at the present time.
Perhaps we should all wait until the second the computer clocks get to
2000, when they are supposed to go crazy, and start all over again.
Regards
Rod Seppelt

Dr. Rodney D. Seppelt
Principal Research Scientist
Australian Antarctic Division
Channel highway
Kingston 7050, Tasmania, Australia

phone:  International:  +61 (03) 62 323 438
        FAX          :  +61 (03) 62 323 351
        Alternate FAX:  +61 (03) 62 292 836