Character

Nestor J. Cazzaniga ficazzan at [168.96.128.2]
Sun Mar 30 10:49:22 CST 1997

> From:          Fortuner <fortuner at WANADOO.FR>

> I am interested in the various meanings and usages of the word
> "character" (in taxonomy, and in addition to the 16 meanings listed in
> Webster's Unabridged). I was told that an article addressing this
> topic (that was several years ago) listed 11 different taxonomic
> meanings/usages.  Does anyone know what article this was?
>
> Renaud Fortuner

 Perhaps you refer to:

Inglis, WG, 1991. Characters: the central mystery of taxonomy and
systematics. Biological  Journal of the Linnean Society, 44: 121-139.

Cheers
                      Nestor
Dr. Nestor J. Cazzaniga
Departamento de Biologia, Bioquimica y Farmacia
Universidad Nacional del Sur
San Juan 670
8000 Bahia Blanca, Argentina
FAX: +54 91 55 20 05