Weights or wherever the thread has now reached

Don Colless donc at ENTO.CSIRO.AU
Mon Mar 10 14:48:42 CST 1997

     Re trees from "random" data: a matrix of random numbers is,
surprisingly to some perhaps, a perfectly possible result of an
evolutionary history. And I can assure viewers that the results
of processing such matrices look very much the same as those from
real data. I can't imagine a test that would (blindfold)
distinguish the sets of trees derived from real data on the one
hand and random data on the other.

           *  Don Colless, CSIRO Div of Entomology, *
           *     PO Box 1700 CANBERRA. ACT. 2601    *
           *         (donc at ento.csiro.au)           *
           *     Tuz li munz est miens envirun      *