Job Opening, Museum Director

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D. mivie at MONTANA.EDU
Tue Mar 11 14:02:57 CST 1997

Dear TAXACOMERS:

Here is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get into Museum
Administration.
In my (biased) opinion (and as one not on the search committee), we
need a Natural Historian/Systematist, but the
background is wide open.  A growing Museum on a BEAUTIFUL campus!
<http://www.montana.edu/html/msu-view.html>
And in a great community! <http://www.avicom.net/bozemanmt/>

Dean & Director
Museum of the Rockies
Montana State University-Bozeman
Bozeman, Montana

The Museum of the Rockies seeks a Dean and Director with leadership,
vision, enthusiasm, integrity, administrative skills and a commitment
to excellence to lead a nationally recognized institution which
interprets the cultural and natural history of the Northern Rocky
Mountain Region.

The Dean and Director will lead the long-range development of the
Museum, ensure financial stability, and assume responsibility
for the overall management and administration of Museum programs
and operations.  This position will report to the Provost at Montana
State University-Bozeman, and work directly with the Museum of the
Rockies Board of Trustees.

The Dean and Director will work to secure funding through
appropriations,
grants, contracts, and earned revenue; fund-raising and development;
provide general direction for research programs, outreach services,
planetarium programs and exhibitions; and ensure conformity with the
highest ethical and professional standards.

To obtain a complete vacancy announcement, go to:

<http://www.montana.edu/msuinfo/jobs/prof/> (it might be a couple of
days
before it appears here)

or contact:

Dean David Gibson, Chair
MOR Dean & Director Search
P. O. Box 173820
Montana State University-Bozeman
Bozeman, MT 59717-3820
Phone:  406/994-2272;  Fax:  406/994-6665
E-Mail:  cindy_b at coe.montana.edu

ADA/EO/AA/Veterans Preference.

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D.          |
Associate Professor and Curator |   Us   Them    Other
Department of Entomology        |    \     /      /
Montana State University        |     \   /      /
Bozeman, MT 59717-3020          |      \ /      /
USA                             |       \      /
                                |        \    /
Phone: (406) 994-4610           |         \  /
FAX:   (406) 994-6029           |          \/

e-mail: mivie at montana.edu       |  "We have more in common