Dandy Dime

Robin Leech robinl at NAIT.AB.CA
Mon Mar 31 07:08:16 CST 1997

Thomas,

*Anything* can and does happen.  Earlier in this Century, in 1939, Embrik
Strand started and organized, paid for the symposium, then paid for the
publishings of the works of his *own* FESTSCHRIFT.  This was all for the
purpose of celebrating his 60th birthday.  The topics are on such diverse
things as beetles, spiders, molluscs, flies, hyms, myriapods, scorpions
and nematodes.

Of course, at the beginning of Volume I there is a photo of him, and
there are others in Vols III and V.  Yeah, a 5-volume set with the fewest
pages in a volume at 644, and the most at 784.

Robin Leech