Help!!

Steve Halford halford at SFU.CA
Mon Mar 17 21:20:55 CST 1997

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Don Colless wrote:

>      Does anyone know a possible source of supply for small glass
> test-tube like tubes (we use them for storing dissected parts of
> insects): inner dimension 7.6 mm, outer 6.3 mm, height 25 mm. -
> or thereabouts. Sources in this country seem to have dried up
> completely.
>
>                ******************************************
>                *  Don Colless, CSIRO Div of Entomology, *
>                *     PO Box 1700 CANBERRA. ACT. 2601    *
>                *         (donc at ento.csiro.au)           *
>                *     Tuz li munz est miens envirun      *
>                ******************************************

Don:

Sounds like what you are after is known in bacteriology circles as a
"Durham tube" -- possibly now in disfavour since its results had to be
read by a human rather than a computer!  Still, probably means that
hospital supply houses are overstocked with this piece of useless
glassware!  If there isn't an Australian source for Durham tubes let me
know -- we still can get 'em in Canada!

Now,  back to the irrelevant posting I was writing to Taxacom before I
re-read your post!

Steve (halford at sfu.ca)
Museum Technician
Simon Fraser University