International palaeoentomological conference announcement

Alexey V. Kuprijanov Q at TINEA.USR.PU.RU
Wed Mar 26 13:46:54 CST 1997

Sorry for cross-posting to both entomo-l and taxacom, but I feel that
this information is important enough.

------------------------- CUT HERE ------------------------------

International Paleoentomological Conference

Paleontological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences

First Circular

On behalf of the Organizing Committee we have a great pleasure
of inviting you to take part in the International
Paleoentomological Conference which will be held in
Paleontological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
Moscow, Russia, at 1st-2nd decades of September 1998. Supposed
duration of the Conference - 3 or 4 days (plus of post-
conference dealing or workshops).

We suggest the programme of Conference will cover different
aspects of paleontological investigation of insects as well as
arachnids and myriapods. Communications devoted to phylogeny,
taxonomy and biogeography of recent groups will be accepted
only in case of wide using paleontological data. Taphonomic
reports may be based on actuopaleontological researches.
Subfossil complexes' study is out of scope of the Conference.

Topics suggested for discussing:

1. Phylogeny and taxonomy of fossil insects, arachnids and
myriapods, dynamics of their biodiversity through geological
time, importance of paleontological data for understanding of
origin of recent diversity, the problem of extinction.

2. Paleozoogeography of insects, arachnids and myriapods,
importance of paleontological data for interpretation of recent
distribution patterns.

3. Paleoecology and taphonomy of insects, arachnids and
myriapods, their use as indicators of paleoclimate, ecological
interpretation of insect evolution, paleontological evidence
for coevolutionary interactions with other organisms,
taphonomical correction of paleontological data.

4. Fossilized traces of insects, arachnids and myriapods, their
paleoecological and biological importance, approaches to their
interpretation and classification.

5. Stratigraphic importance of insects, arachnids and
myriapods.

6. Databases of fossil insects, arachnids and myriapods, and
their traces.

The participants are welcome to make other suggestions.

The program will include the post-Conference dealing with the
collections of the Arthropod Laboratory of PIN.

Pre-Conference field trip to visit Permian insect-bearing
locality Chekarda may be organized at the expense of
participants.

The issuing of Abstracts and possibly Proceedings of Conference
is planned.

Official languages of the Conference are English and Russian.

The Conference fee will be given later on, depending on the
number of participants.

Accommodation will be available at the hotel of Academy of
Sciences "Uzkoe" (15 minutes walk from the Paleontological
Institute) or hotel "Voskresenskoe" (15 minutes by bus from the
Paleontological Institute). Current prices are approximately
37$ for single room and 50$ for double room without meals.

Unfortunately, no financial support can be obtained from the
Organizing Committee, however we will attempt to help in other
ways, for example in providing a letter of invitation.

We have decided to dedicate the Conference to the memory of
Prof. A.V. Martynov and Prof. B.B. Rohdendorf, who did so much
for the study of fossil insects.

If you intend to participate in the Conference, please fill in
the enclosed form and send it to the address below before June
1, 1997. You will receive the Second circular with further
details. If you decide after June 1, 1997 to take part in the
Conference, please contact the Organizing Committee.

This circular is free for copy and distribution among all the
colleagues who may be interested in attending the conference.

We are looking forward to see you in Moscow!

Please, feel free to e-mail us if you have any questions,
electronic mail is the most convenient and fast way for
communication.

International Paleoentomological Conference

Pre-Registration form

Title

Surname:

Given name(s):

Male   Female

Institution:

Address:

Tel:

Fax:

E-mail:

I expect to be accompanied   Yes   No

I wish to take part in field trip   Probably   Yes   No

I wish to give a lecture   Yes   No

I wish to present a poster   Yes   No

Indicate general area of topic(s)

My suggestions regarding the scientific program are:

Date:   Signature:

Please return this form before  June 1, 1997 to:

V.A. Blagoderov

Arthropod Laboratory
Paleontological Institute
of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Profsoyuznaya 123, Moscow 117647
Russia

Organizing Committee

Dr. G.S. Medvedev   Chairman, Professor, President of Russian
Entomological Society, Zoological Institute of Russian Academy
of Sciences

Dr. V.V. Zherikhin   Vice-Chairman, Paleontological Institute
of Russian Academy of Sciences

V.A. Blagoderov   Secretary, Paleontological Institute of
Russian Academy of Sciences (e-mail: ipvblago at redline.ru)

Yu.I. Chernov   Correspondent Member of Russian Academy of
Sciences, Institute of problems of Evolution and Ecology

Dr. K.Yu. Eskov   Paleontological Institute of Russian Academy
of Sciences

Prof. A.P. Rasnitsyn   Professor, Paleontological Institute of
Russian Academy of Sciences (e-mail: rasna at glas.apc.org)

Prof. A.Yu. Rozanov   Professor, Paleontological Institute of
Russian Academy of Sciences

Dr. N.D. Sinitshenkova   Paleontological Institute of Russian
Academy of Sciences

Dr. S.Yu. Storozhenko   Institute of Biology and Pedology of
the Far Eastern Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences (e-mail:
entomol at stv.iasnet.ru)

Dr. I.D. Sukatcheva   Paleontological Institute of Russian
Academy of Sciences

Contact addresses:

V.A. Blagoderov
Arthropod Laboratory

E-mail: ipvblago at redline.ru
---

A.P. Rasnitsyn
Arthropod Laboratory

E-mail: rasna at glasnet.apc.org

International

Paleoentomological

Conference

Moscow, 1998

First Circular

International Paleoentomological Conference

Registration form

Surname:   (Prof., Dr., Mr., Mrs., Miss.)

Given name(s):

Institution:

Address:

Tel:   Fax:   E-mail:

I expect to be accompanied   Yes   No

I want to:   present a poster   give an oral speech

Date:   Signature:

Please return this form before  May 15, 1997 to:

V.A. Blagoderov
Arthropod Laboratory