morphological terms

Olivier De Clerck Olivier.Declerck at RUG.AC.BE
Thu Oct 30 10:15:26 CST 1997

Dear all,

I would like to address the following question to the more
morphologically oriented people among you. I'm looking for a term (or
a reference work) which defines a dichotomous branching where one axes
becomes larger than the other one, in this way giving the thallus a
`sympodial' aspect. As the thallus branches dichotomously terms like
`sympodial', although frequently used among phycologists, are
completely out of the question as they always imply main axes and

Looking forward hearing usefull suggestions.

Kind regards,

Olivier De Clerck

Olivier De Clerck
Dept. Morph., Syst. & Ecol., Lab. Botany
K.L.Ledeganckstraat 35 - B-9000 Gent, Belgium
tel 9-264.50.64 / fax 9-264.53.34 / olivier.declerck at


More information about the Taxacom mailing list