fwd: Electronics vs Paper

Wayne Starnes Wayne_Starnes_at_NRMNS01P at MAIL.EHNR.STATE.NC.US
Fri Sep 19 12:34:45 CDT 1997

Someone prob. said this in earlier dialogue (diatribe?!) but these trends point
to the increased need to include and maintain a field of relevant citations tied
to each lot/object in a collection so that info can be reconstructed down the
road for new researchers irrespective of the future fates of Mat. Exam. in the
lit.  We're trying to include this in the data structure (in infancy) we are
hacking at here.  This is clearly easier to do (even retroactively) in
collections that have previously been more "out of the way".  Bigger operations
can hope to keep current hence forward.