Creationism

Ted Schultz schultz at ONYX.SI.EDU
Mon Sep 29 14:47:10 CDT 1997

Dennis Paulson wrote:

>Furthermore, I wonder if the creationist lists ever contain little mild
>slurs against evolutionary biologists.....or are they much too serious?

I know the above was asked with tongue-in-cheek, but in fact evolutionary
biologists and Satanists are regularly equated (along with "secular
humanists") in creationist writing.  The teaching of evolution is supposed
to be a part of a larger plot intended to corrupt modern civilization and
entice us all into eternal hell.  I am not exaggerating.

In light of this daily, mean-spirited slandering of practitioners of
evolutionary biology, I think some of the comments recently made here on
TAXACOM are surprisingly mild.

Ted Schultz, Research Entomologist
Department of Entomology, MRC 165
National Museum of Natural History