Dogma

James Francis Lyons-Weiler weiler at ERS.UNR.EDU
Tue Sep 30 12:33:55 CDT 1997

I'll agree that is a real concern that the zealots on the other side (!)
have organized to the extent that they have.  My message was not aimed at
the discussion of how to deal with them, but rather at the "let's have it
out on Taxacom" thread that was developing.

My estimate is that any biologist worthy of the name would not need to be
coached on the principles of argumentation, anyway- not a slam on those
that find the discussion worthwhile, or those who have shared tactics;
just a testimony of my faith in the strength of logic over fallacy.

To answer your question, should I lose my job over teaching evolution, I
would win a lifetime position teaching whatever I wanted and researching
whatever I desired, (paid in full by the offending party) in court on 1st
amendment issues and in the civil suit for all sorts of things.  I'd
love it.

James lyons-Weiler