Discussion of NAS Report

Hugh Wilson wilson at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Wed Apr 22 14:32:46 CDT 1998

Its at:

http://www.nap.edu/readingroom/books/evolution98/

with an overview at:

http://www.nap.edu/readingroom/books/evolution98/evol4.html

and - with regard to my beef - check out:

http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/Wilson/tfp/tfpintro.htm

and the comment on evolution vs. creation (3, 3rd paragraph) - prior to the NAS
effort, the only other 'debunking  ref. I could find for this was:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/2437/index.htm

and I think that the systematic community, at least an organized
rep (professional society)., could put together this sort of material
- hardcopy or web - that would help those of us involved with biology
teaching

On 22 Apr 98 at 14:19, Stuart G. Poss <sgposs at WHALE.ST.USM.EDU>
wrote:

Date:          Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:19:07 -0500
From:          "Stuart G. Poss" <sgposs at WHALE.ST.USM.EDU>
Subject:       Re: Discussion of NAS Report
To:            Multiple recipients of list TAXACOM <TAXACOM at CMSA.BERKELEY.EDU>

....Given Hugh Wilson's criticism of the systematics community, which
I would regard as not entirely accurate, I would be interested to
learn what under his #2 he might propose that we do to "address our
limp" on this issue, beyond what most of us do every day, namely
attempting to ellucidate the taxa and linneages that have
historically resulted from evolution and to communicate our findings
to others.  Perhaps the report itself provides some suggestions.

Has anyone discovered an internet posted version of the report?

Hugh D. Wilson
Texas A&M University - Biology
h-wilson at tamu.edu (409-845-3354)
http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~hugh/homepage.html