merging Botany and Zoology Departments (fwd)

Jeremy J. Bruhl jbruhl at METZ.UNE.EDU.AU
Thu Apr 23 12:04:15 CDT 1998

Dear all

Both Richard and Una's comments ring true. Kevin, you might like to =
search back a year or two on the list-server archives for my request for =
comments and posting of comments on this very topic. Funny thing is that =
we did not merge with Zoology and thought (how na=EFve) that the issue =
had gone away, till the Dean wanted/needed to be seen to be =
restructuring our Faculty. So, here we are, a Division in the School of =
Rural Sciences and Natural Resources with Ecosystem Management, Agronomy =
and Soil Sc. and Animal Science and some of Physiology. Zoology has =
split off Molecular and Cellular Biology. Zoo and MCB are in a School of =
Biological Sciences and we are not...!@# I am waiting for the music to =
stop next time to see where we will be. The past and present groupings =
cut across joint programs in study and those who collaborated still do.

Cheers
Jeremy

Dr Jeremy J. Bruhl
Senior Lecturer in Botany
Director, N.C.W. Beadle Herbarium (NE)
Division of Botany
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351
Australia
jbruhl at metz.une.edu.au
http://www.une.edu.au/botany/jjbres.htm
Phone:  +61 2 6773 2429