Your favorite query ??

Peter Rauch anamaria at GRINNELL.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Sep 15 07:41:09 CDT 1998

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Hugh Wilson wrote:
> Just checked the TAXACOM archive at:
> http://www.biodiversity.uno.edu/mail_archives/taxacom/
> to see if the summary referenced below was produced and the archive
> seems to be limited to January of 1998.  Is there an updated URL for
> the archive?

Hugh and all,
The "real" archive for Taxacom is the LISTSERV-based archive on
listserv at cmsa.berkeley.edu. You can obtain an INDEX of all the archive
logfiles by sending email to that address, with this one-line command
(only!) in the body of your message:
INDEX TAXACOM

You can then "get" any logfile you wish, e.g., the one for May 98.
(However, I searched the logfiles since May and found only the original
posting and Hugh's inquiry about it, but see below....)

I believe some people replied to Jim B's request, on ZBIG-L where
he also posted his request. You could try to get the May archive for
that list (I don't think you have to be subscribed to the list
beforehand). Send email to listproc at ukans.edu with:

GET zbig-l log9805

Watch out --it's about 250Kb. (On listproc, you can't request individual
messages, so you have to retrieve the entire logfile and scan it
yourself for individual replies and/or Jim's summary [I don't recall
if a summary was posted].)
Peter