soft-launch of new Botany (BM) WebPages

Dylan Fuller d.fuller at NHM.AC.UK
Fri Sep 18 16:31:51 CDT 1998

Dear All,

The Department of Botany (BM) of The Natural History Museum in London, is
happy to announce the "soft-launch" of new departmental WebPages. These
include general information about the department (including contact info
and areas of research) and two on-line databases.

Botany Dept (BM), The Natural History Museum in London URL:
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/botany/

Las Cuevas Research Station, Belize URL:
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/botany/lascuevas/

On-line databases include: Scrophulariaceae Names Index (19,000+ records)
and an our Orchid specimen database (over 30,000 records, World-wide
coverage minus Europe & the UK) Access the databases via URL:
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/botany/databases/data_page.html

We will be updating these WebPages with additional content and other
databases (including Belize material, Algal type catalogues, historic
specimens with images and more) in the near future, so please re-visit our
WebPages as you have time. And please send me any comments and suggestion
you might have.

Cheers,
Dylan Fuller

Dylan Fuller                    Systems & Database Manager
Department of Botany (BM)               Tel: (44) 171-938-9235
The Natural History Museum              FAX: (44) 171-938-9260
Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD   http://www.nhm.ac.uk/botany/