U.S. Federal Government Taxonomy Standard RFC

Ami Scheltema ascheltema at WHOI.EDU
Tue Sep 1 09:59:50 CDT 1998

          Dear all,

          There is already a standard government list, now in its 2nd
          edition, for Common and Scientific Names of Aquatic
          Invertebrates [land, fresh, and marine] from the United
          States and Canada.  I am familiar with the mollusk volume.

          Has anyone considered using these volumes? I for one would
          not like to have to once again produce a valid species list
          for a different government standard list. And the same could
          probably be said for other molluscan taxonomists who were
          involved in the mollusk volume.

          Amelie Scheltema
          Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
          Woods Hole, MA 02543