standardized taxonomy

Peter Rauch anamaria at GRINNELL.BERKELEY.EDU
Sat Sep 5 06:43:05 CDT 1998

No. I didn't miss the point. If there are [legitimately] competing
"rooms" from which one can choose (because of unresolved differences of
opinion [a human construct, as you say]) to place the "panda" [example,
as you say], then who should choose _which_ room is the "right" room
--your expert, or my expert? (Or, either depending on what one plans to
use the "room" for?)

For those cases when no ambiguity exists, then choosing the "right" room
is trivial. I think people have been expressing concern over the
non-trivial cases, and what might be the impact _on the particular user_
of being _required_ to follow a system that has chosen one among several
competing "rooms".
 Peter