a question about copyright law

Alexey V. Kuprijanov Q at TINEA.USR.PU.RU
Wed Sep 16 13:10:45 CDT 1998

Dear Colleagues,

Sorry for cross-posting.

A friend of mine is about to prepare a paper on some true bugs (Miridae).
In this paper, he is going to use some figures borrowed from other authors.
Unfortunately, here, in Russia, we know next to nothing about the copyright law.
We do know that such a thing exists. Moreover, we even know that
before publishing these borrowed figures he needs a permission. But
where he can get this permission? Sould he write a letter to the author?
Or to the publisher? Is it necessary to pay for this? Any suggestions will
be appreciated.

Reply, please, to his e-mail address, he is not on the list.

konst at ent.bio.pu.ru -- Fedor Konstantinov

Yours sincerely,
Alexey

Alexey V. Kuprijanov            (Lepidoptera: Incurvarioidea)
Institute for the History of Science and Technology
Universitetskaya emb. 5
St. Petersburg 199034
R U S S I A                      e-mail: Q at TINEA.USR.PU.RU