Plant Identification (fwd)

Jerome V Ward wardjer at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU
Sat Jan 2 18:40:27 CST 1999

dear list,
Please respond to Darryl if you have some information for him.
Thanks,
Jerome

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:51:20 -0600
From: "Darryl N. Searcy" <searcy at net1inc.net>
To: wardjer at mail.auburn.edu
Subject: Plant Identification

Dr. Ward:

I have a scientist friend who lives in Malaysia.  He is asking if I have
every heard of a tree called "bintangor."  I have not.  Apparently it is
found in Borneo and much useful research is being done with extracts taken
from the tree.  Have you heard of it, know about it, or are you aware of
any research being done anywhere in the world.  My associate was asking if
I knew the Latin for it.  I do not and am unable to find it in the library
available to me.

Appreciate your help.

Darryl N. Searcy