Conservation priorities

Francis Dov Por dovpor at NETVISION.NET.IL
Sat Jan 9 11:58:31 CST 1999

The discussion about species-priorities in conservation started by John =
Shuey and Ken Kinman is of extreme importance. We should not be afraid =
of being accused of  "triage". After all, we the zoologists should only =
supply the data:the taxpayers will afterwards decide where the limited =
money goes.
I think that the upcoming International Congress of Zoology in Athens =
2000 could be an important venue  to discuss "phylogenetic priorities" =
and  provide some international guidelines. If there is out there =
somebody who would organise such a discussion at the Congress,  till end =
of February we still have some empty slots in the program.!!!
Please visit our homepage  under construction:
www.ims.usm.edu/~musweb/icz_xviii/icz.home.html
Dov Por