historical biogeography: practical request

Luis A. Ruedas lruedas at SEVILLETA.UNM.EDU
Wed Jan 13 07:37:19 CST 1999

>     I am not looking for a scientific publication. I would like to have
>     a simple heuristic device which allows me to reconstruct past situations
>     quickly.

For Southeast Asia, an oustanding reconstruction series is available for
the past 50 MYBP, downloadable as a powerpoint file, from:

http://glsun2.gl.rhbnc.ac.uk/seasia/html/plate_tect.htm

I too would like to hear of similar sites, particularly with broader,
global perspectives.

Cheers,

Luis

                            Luis A. Ruedas
                    Museum of Southwestern Biology
                         Department of Biology
                       University of New Mexico
                  Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87131-1091

voice: 505/277-5340                               fax: 505/277-0304
                  e-mail: lruedas at sevilleta.unm.edu
               web: http://sevilleta.unm.edu/~lruedas/