reference

Fri Jan 15 06:27:51 CST 1999

At 08:11 AM 01-15-99 +0100, you wrote

>I find the information that 120 specially labeled illustrations from
>"Generic Flora of the Southeastern United States" (representatives of 70
>families) was prepared for use in teaching by Carroll E. Wood Jr., and
>published as separate publication by Harper & Row Publ. I would  very
>grateful for full citation of this edition, and possible the idea how to
>get one copy.

Wood, C. E., Jr. 1974.  A Student's Atlas of Flowering Plants: Some
Dicotyledons of Eastern North America.  Harper & Row, New York.    ISBN
06-047207-3

I do not know  if it is in print any longer.  My copy carries the
publisher's address as: 10 East 53rd St., New York NY 10022 USA , but that
was 25 years ago.

Thomas G. Lammers

Classification, Nomenclature, Phylogeny and Biogeography
of the Campanulaceae, s. lat.

Department of Botany
Field Museum of Natural History
Roosevelt Road at Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60605-2496 USA

e-mail:    tlammers at fmnh.org
office:          312-922-9410 ext. 317 (voice-mail)
fax:                312-427-2530

"The most important thing to learn is how
   to teach yourself.  Everything else ...
   is just detail."
                                  -- Patrick Gibson