buying used books

Mon Jan 18 08:24:36 CST 1999

A few days ago, someone suggested Advanced Book Exchange
(ABE) as a preferable alternative to Amazon.com as a
source for out-of-print books. I concur. Amazon.com
buys many of its books via ABE. Thus by going directly
to ABE you can cut out the middleorganism.
  Similar to ABE is Bibliofind. ABE is Canadian; Bibliofind
is in Massachusetts. Neither sells books. Each sells
computer services. Log onto either one and you can
simultaneously search the catalogues of thousands of
bookstores all over the world. If you can not find what
you are looking for in either of those systems, odds are
that nobody on the planet is selling it.
   Websites:

www.abebooks.com
www.bibliofind.com

--
Dr. Joseph E. Laferriere
"Computito ergo sum ...  I link therefore I am."